Welcome to the Employee Central page. This page has been created for evryone who is new to Employee Central. The objective is to provide a high value one page resource that is easy to use. We understand that learning any new product includes the challenge of learning what is available to support you in that process. Our goal is to empower you to leverage the key resources as you begin to build your knowledge. To improve your overall experience
How to Delete Foundation Objects
How to delete a Foundation Object?
Is it possible to permanently remove a Foundation Object?
NOTE: It is imperative that no users have the target Foundation Object, data that is to be deleted, in their Employee Central data set. You can check this by running a Person and Employment Export Ad-Hoc report to check if any users have EC data records with the Foundation Object value populated with that you would like to delete.
You can delete Foundation Objects via Admin Center > Employee Files > Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures
There are two scenarios regarding the deletion of Foundation Objects
1. In the Search drop down select the type of object you would like to edit.
2. Next to that box select the specific object.
3. On the left hand side in the History box, click ‘Permanently Delete Entry’. This will remove the foundation
object from your instance. Best Practice Scenario:
1.NEVER delete a Foundation Object that at some stage has been used for an employee’s data.
2.It is important to understand keeping a historic audit of data and values in the instance is a good thing! Instead of deleting the Foundation Object, you should 3.consider setting the “Status” value to “InActive” which would remove it from the available list of values for end-users.
4.Please refer to the linked KBA 2079456 for more Best Practice information on how to manage Foundation Objects.
Thanks & Regards,
Consultant Certified – SAP HCM& SF,
How to Rehire an Inactive Employee
- A client wants to re hire an inactive employee in the Employee Central
There are two possible ways to rehire inactive employees in Employee Central
Solution 1 – Via “Add New Employee” wizard :
From admin page, click on “Add new employee”
- Once on the add new employee screen, enter the mandatory fields, and click on Next. Then system checks for any matching inactive users based on first name, last name, DOB, National Id info(if entered),and will return a list of matching users. There you can select the user whom you want to rehire.
- Clicking on “Use this match” will take you back to new hire first screen with all the details populated for that user, and then you can continue changing whatever you need to change to complete the rehire.
1. If you have been granted permission to “Admin Center > Rehire Inactive Employees” tool, then you can utilize this tool to rehire employees. Instead of having to match certain data to find the employee you want to rehire, you can search for the Inactive user, and rehire them via this tool. Just click on the employee’s name you wish to rehire to start the rehire process.
NOTE: If the Add New Employee wizard does not open the “Use this match” pop-up when entering First/Last Name + Date of Birth, or if the Rehire Inactive Employee tool does not return the user when they are searched for – then the employee is either not currently Terminated, or does not have any Employee Central data maintained (minimum = Biographical Info, Employment Details, Job Information & Personal Information).
Thanks & Regards
Consultant Certified – SAP HCM& SF,
Employee Central- Change display Language
The display language in your system is incorrect based on your locale.
1. Log into Employee Central
2. Want display language to correlate to your locale.
1. Click on your Name in upper right hand corner -> Select Options
2. Select the 4th option down on the right “Change Language”
3. Select the radio button that correlates to the language you want to use in Employee Central -> after selection is made click Switch
Note: You will only see languages that correlate to the Language Packs that have been activated in your system. If you do not see a specific language that should be activated in your instance, please contact support for next actions.